Essentially, the task of translating is having a thorough knowledge of the importance of each word and its meaning. The weight and meaning of each word are particularly important in technical texts, where each term implies a very specific and technical reality or action, and precision must be the aim for the final text. Therefore, a good translator of novels is not necessarily a good translator of scientific texts.
A translator and a proofreader specialised in the field, with studies and proven experience in the field in question, must take charge of these types of projects.
Our fields of specialisation in technical translation:
- Ecology/Renewable Energies
- Law/Legal Matters
- Manufacturing Processes
- IT (Information Technology)
At Acantho, we deliver impeccable translations with respect to design and presentation. We keep the format of the original text, whatever it is. Clients can send us documents in Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, PDF, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, QuarkXpress, etc., format.
OUR TECHNICAL TRANSLATION LANGUAGES
ARE YOU A FIRST TIME BUYER OF TRANSLATION SERVICES?
Check out our Practical Advice Guide
to save time and money and avoid possible frustrations.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• Technical or Specialised Translation
• Translation revisions by separate professionals
• Certified Translation
• Web and Software Localisation
• Drafting and Style Correction
• Text editing
• Transcription and Subtitling
• Preparation of Glossaries and Dictionaries
• Alignment of Previous Translations
• Linguistic Advice