Boutique translation company offering services tailored for and by discerning professionals;
we align each project to perfectly suit your needs.
WHY CHOOSE ACANTHO?
Our translation company Acantho Ideas & Cultures has a strong presence in many different sectors. We take the time to learn about your unique needs and circumstances. And we do this for each and every one of our customers, taking into account their specific needs, aims and values.
Choose Acantho and we will provide you with the very best professionals in the sector (native professional translators, sworn translators, simultaneous interpreters, language teachers), with unparalleled turnaround times and always specializing in the area of knowledge you require.
Frequently Asked Questions
Boutique means you get the service, price and quality you deserve.
It’s the difference between walking into a shop where the staff will welcome you and greet you by you name and walking into a big store where you are just another customer. And if you have any special requirements…well that’s another story.
And we are no more expensive. In fact, because we are a family company, there are no shareholders to please and we’re not a start-up looking to make quick money through artificial intelligence which is still decades away from being useful.
We properly analyse each project (something robots can’t do) and work out the fastest and cheapest way to provide you with a great translation. For example, we check for:
- duplicated sentences (either in full or in part) which enable us to pass on discounts to you,
- any missing information that will cause you problems down the road,
And we don’t just outsource the translation to the lowest bidder.
We have an in-house team translating in the main European languages and we outsource some projects to our Inner Circle of trusted translators and interpreters.
In most sectors today, just as in translation, it’s easy to buy “cheap and poor quality” and it’s easy to buy “expensive and high quality”. But its more difficult to buying what we offer: “excellent quality at very reasonable prices.”
We charge per word, not per page or per line because the quantity of work can vary a lot depending on the format. This is the cheapest option for you.
The fees vary depending on the language combination. The common European language combinations of Spanish, French and English tend to be cheaper than Eastern languages, for example.
We offer discounts for sentences or partial sentences that are repeated in your text.
There is a minimum word count of 300 words. The price of 1000 words, plus IVA is somewhere around €100.
A translation of 1500 words will take around two working days. If it is a sales document or for publishing, we recommend proofreading, which will take around one day more.
We work with all the most frequently used languages and with many more as well. In fact, we work with over 50 languages!
The most highly demanded European languages include Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese (and we also work with the Spanish regional languages of Catalan, Valencian, Galician and Basque). Other popular languages we work with include the Nordic languages (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish), Eastern languages (Russian, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, etc.) as well as many less frequently requested languages (Slovenian, Greek, Serbo-Croatian, Dutch, Hungarian, Turkish, Hebrew, Hindi and Urdu). We also work with the internationally important languages of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
If you require a translation in a language not included in this list, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line.
Generally speaking, we have three kinds of customers:
- Members of the public who need a translation and need good service and people they can trust. Often we see these customers again and again, or hear about them when they recommend us to their friends or family.
- Companies that need translations around every business quarter. If this sounds like you, you get the benefit that we store all your previously translated documents in a personalized translation file meaning that, even though time passes between each project, you get peace of mind knowing that your translations will always be consistent and you will be eligible for discounts on repeated sentences or partial sentences. What’s more, you only need to pay upfront for your first order; after that subsequent orders will be billed after you receive your work.
- Companies that need ongoing translations. If this sounds like you, you get the benefit of a personal project manager, as well as all the benefits listed above. What’s more, you’ll normally have a specially allocated translation team that always works on your content. And you will be eligible for really great discounts for volume of work accumulated.